Saturday, June 6, 2009

Quick eHow Writing Update

Quick Writing Update

This is a very quick update. Only two more articles for today. Even with the earnings trackings always being a little slow at the very beginning of the month, the early earnings look good, and a couple of the new articles are showing earnings from the first day of June. The limited Internet access is definitely slowing me down right now, but I'll have a lot of articles written out for eHow on Monday, I'll just have to transcribe them online. It's a little slower than being able to post as I write, but every little bit helps.

Anyway, I have two more articles published on eHow, which are:

How to Survive a Bear's Attack

&

How to Retrieve Your Number from a T Mobile Cell Phone

And I think beginning writers can learn a couple thinks from this odd couple pair of eHow articles. First, the "survive a bear's attack" is phrased that way for a very specific reason: no one else had done it. There are about a dozen articles on how to survive a bear attack, and every variation thereof, but no one had an apostraphe s, so that's what I claimed. Not only does this make it easy for me to pick out my own article whenver I add to the "Search for Related Articles" with any of my future eHow articles, but this also has me as the only eHow article going for that very specific search term. This is the type of thing you need to learn as an online writer.

The second article I'm actually curious about. It's technical, it's useful, and it seems like the kind of article that wouldn't get any income at all. Then again, I thought the same thing about "How to Set Up a PayPal Account" and "How to Fix Task Manager When the Tool Bar Disappears" yet both seem to consistently earn my $1+ per month. Considering all these articles took less than 12 minutes to write, I'm really curious to see if this one keeps up the trend.

Other than that, weight loss articles have been pretty consistent earners for me, so I'll be searching for some diets or weight loss angles that haven't been beaten to death already. That's all for now, keep on writing and I'll see you at the next update!

No comments:

Post a Comment