Monday, June 8, 2009

Great Writing Weekend, Part I

Exceeding eHow Expectations

This limited Internet is becoming extremely frustrating, but there's only so much I can do about that for now. Right now I'm not only keeping up with my eHow writing goals, but I'm also blowing past them. Granted, I'm not keeping up with my HubPages or Constant-Content writing goals, so there is some suffering going on there and I have a lot of "pay now" freelance work to help with the rapidly approaching move across the country.

Still, this is encouraging and even with the articles out there I'm watching them improve monthly bit by bit with no effort on my part. Once I get to start marketing some of these articles I think the potential will go through the roof. The other thing I've noticed is that I'm getting a lot better at picking article topics that will make a little bit of quick money with their initial indexing. Over half the articles I've wrote since the end of May earned me income within the first two days.

There are a LOT of eHow articles to get to seeing as how I typed 19 on my laptop over the weekend when I had no Internet access, so here are the first 7.

How to make the 2468 Diet Work safely

How to Lose Weight Following the Apple Cider Vinegar Diet

How to Lose Weight Following the 3 Apples a Day Diet

How to Lose Weight Following the Coconut Diet

How to Lose Weight Following the Jerusalem Diet

How to Lose Weight Following the Chocolate Diet

How to Get a Loan with Peer to Peer Lending

As you can see, the far majority of these articles are on diet and weight loss plans, including several fad diets that aren't nearly as saturated with web writing as some of the main ones like negative calorie foods, Mediterranean Diet, or Atkins. I'm hoping that with the relative strength of eHow as an authority site, some good internal linking practices from all my diet articles to one another, and with a little bit of marketing maybe a lot of these articles can end up on page one of their niche, maybe get me $5-10 a month. That might not seem like much, but there are literally hundreds of fad diets out there, so this could become big.

The last one is an article for personal finance - which many people have said is a good niche. I've seen steady returns, but low returns, from that niche thus far, but you always send out feelers.

In related news, from my hometown library and some garage sales I found some killer gardening books full of amazing tips and advice...so I'll really get to push this summer and see if that gardening niche is as high an earner as many people say it is.

That's it for now. Happy writing, and keep on keeping at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment