Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Returning to the Freelance Writing for eHow Blog

Writing for eHow Update

First off, an apology for not having been here for a while. In the beginning of July there was a major family emergency that is still actually ongoing and may be a very long term thing. Obviously family comes first, and for a month everything (and I mean pretty much everything) fell to the wayside. Now I'm making a hard effort to get back into the swing of things, starting with relatively modest goals for August that still put enough on my plate to work 18+ hours a day it seems like. Then again, I have a lot on my plate for many various reasons, but we're working to get everything set right and pointed in the right direction and right now that means getting back to a daily freelance writing schedule.

First bit of news: I'm going to be spending the next two months experimenting with eHow, article marketing, and another writing website. I did virtually no writing in July, but my passive income earnings went up almost 70%. So I checked over what I did in the month of June to see if there was something specific and different that I did that could have affected those dramatic results, and yes, it seems like I might have stumbled upon something HUGE.

This makes me especially eager to test, because if the results hold up and aren't just a coincidence or the result of two or three articles that just hit the keywords right, then this strategy is going to be especially geared towards (and effective for) freelance writers who are more into writing than SEO and Internet Marketing. This makes me particularly happy since I am definitely a writer first.

So the earnings update. For eHow alone, my income in June was $53.42, with almost 1/3 of that coming in the last week alone. Then in July when I was dealing with personal issues and not really marketing, link building, or writing at all? My income for July was $87.74 and is already looking higher for the month of August. Oh, yeah, my AdSense income went up by about the same percentage and my Amazon affiliate sales were right on target, as well. So it was a good month, and I'll be testing to see if my little "discovery" is indeed the main cause, and how scalable my new online freelance writing strategies are.

There aren't many new eHow articles of note. Most of them I've written since July 4th have earned me $0.00, so I'm in a bit of a slump now, but earnings from some articles I tweaked have jumped, and there are a couple newer ones that I think could be great for me coming up. If you're interested in reading some:

How to Choose a Non Surgical Liposuction Expert (some potential)

How to Learn from the Stoics ($0.00 so far, but I love the topic)

How to Lose Weight Following the Cambridge Diet (this one has actually shown some serious potential to be a $8-10 a month article if I can move it up the Google rankings a little bit)

How to Set Freelance Writing Goals for eHow (just seems appropriate for the blog)

That's it. I haven't done nearly the writing I needed to in July, nor the amount I wanted to. However, I'll be starting to get back into a writing groove in August and hopefully be at full shape in September, especially with all this testing I have to do now. And if it turns out my "discovery" continues to kick butt, you can be sure I'll let ya'll know shortly afterwards. Keep on writing, and keep on running towards your dreams.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are doing great at eHow! Looking forward to reading about this "secret discovery" that you've stumbled upon! My eHow articles have ben in a slump lately, so I've been working on tweaking them quite a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel,

    Thanks for the comment. Testing's still going on, but so far it's looking good. It won't be earth shattering when I share (it might almost seem like a duh moment), but the level of how effective this simple action is, is amazing. Thanks for the comment, and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete