Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Brief eHow Update

eHow Writing Update

Well one of the things I really enjoy about online freelance writing is that sometimes you get a nice pleasant surprise. I thought that my earnings from eHow last month were nice, and I was hoping that based on some studying I was doing that maybe I had really figured out how to maximize my earnings on this site. To some extent, it definitely looks like I'm on to something, although to what level only time will tell. The one reservation I had was two "fluke" articles that had very little traffic, very little attention, and both produced $10 each in less than a month.

This was a very nice surprise, but without really solid search engine rankings behind either one, I have to figure that $20 as a one time thing. Even bracing for the hit my earnings could have taken this month, it seems that instead of being down twenty, I'm still going to break last month's earning records, and without a single "surprise" article that has picked up and done really well. To me, this is absolutely fantastic and shows that my body of work as a whole on eHow continues to pick up steam.

I'm also amazed at the pure strength of eHow as an authority site. Based on my findings, I'd say they outrank all the other writing sites by far. The second half of my recent series of surprises on eHow: odd articles across a variety of platforms are earning pretty nicely. Because of that I would definitely say to anyone interested in writing for eHow to join and start building up your future nest eggs today.

For those of you who want to see a little bit of what I've done since the last post:

How to Smoke a Cigar Properly

How to Find Great Carp Fishing Gear

How to Choose Between Liposuction Procedures

How to Beat Medieval 2 Total War with Hungary

And for the video game geeks out there (not insulting - I am one myself), yes, I fully realize that Medieval 2 is not the newest game any more, but it's still the one I know best.

Pretty diverse group. Obviously my goals haven't come to pass so far this month, but I am making sure to do something each and every day to move my freelance writing goals and my money making goals forward - and the testing on my little experiment is moving forward, so it's not like I'm being slothful or anything. Let's just keep hammering it forward.

Thanks for stopping by to read, and if you're a freelance writer who hasn't started writing for eHow, you'll want to get started now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm really enjoying this blog.

    I really like the comment about, "I am making sure to do something each and every day to move my freelance writing goals and money making goals forward."

    As you so eloquently summarized the best any of us can do is to mindfully move forward towards our goals every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, ehowexperience

    Thanks for the comment. For me I'm one of those who too easily can multi-task to the point of not getting anything done, so it's important for me to just make sure every single day I do at least one tangible thing that puts me a little bit closer than I was the day before. Thanks for reading my eHow blog and stopping by!

    ReplyDelete